- How Do I...
The Department of Planning & Engineering (DPE) team is excited to announce that our electronic permitting platform (iWorQ), implemented in July, 2021, now offers an electronic credit card payment option for your permits. This will allow an applicant to file for and receive permitting all from the comfort of your office or home. If you are paying in person at the Borough Office, payment specialists can only take CASH or CHECK.
Permits not paid for and/or picked up within 10 business days of notification of approval are subject to additional fees. Permits not paid for within 90 days of approval notification WILL BE TURNED OVER TO COLLECTIONS and WILL RESULT IN ADDITIONAL FEES.
The following permit applications are NOW fully electronic:
- Zoning Permit (land use)
- Residential Building Permit (any new builds or structural changes/additions)
- Commercial Building Permit (any new builds or structural changes/additions)
- Sidewalk/Curb/Apron Permit
- Sign Permit (you may need both zoning and building permits for signs)
- Change of Use and Occupancy Permit
- Stormwater Management Permit
- Transient Retail Permit (criminal background checks and copies of photo identification must be mailed or dropped off at the Borough Office, the platform will not allow for these items to be stored electronically).
Any and all Commercial or Residential Building Permit Applications not containing the required information or not properly completed (including the required uploads), WILL BE REJECTED and additional fees will be incurred. (It is HIGHLY recommended that all Commercial Building Applications be completed and submitted by a design professional).
To submit your permit application, please click on this link (which will take you to our cloud-based platform): iWorQ Cloud-Based Platform
If you have technical issues with the electronic forms or need assistance, please contact Lisa Graham-Herrick @ (717) 637-3877 ext. 1015. Thank you.
More Information & Overview
- View Transient License and Change of Use Application Guidelines
- For information on Health Licensing, contact the Food Safety Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture at 717-346-3223.
- View information on Business Privilege and Local Services Tax Information and Forms.
PDF Fillable Forms
- Chicken Permit Application (PDF)
- Conditional-Use-Application- Fillable PDF_10_26_2021
- Facility Access Fillable PDF Form
- Garbage / Refuse Service Application Form
- Going Out of Business Sale Application (PDF)
- Handicapped Parking Ordinance No. 2256
- Handicapped Parking Space Permit Application (PDF)
- Hanover Borough Zoning Hearing Application (PDF)
- Landlord Tenant Forms (PDF)
- LERTA Application (PDF)
- Novelty and Consumer Fireworks Sales Permit Application (PDF)
- Oversize and Overweight Vehicle Permit Application (PDF)
- Pennsylvania One Call Application (PDF)
- Right to Know - Open Records Request Form (PDF)
- Self-Employed Affidavit (PDF)
- Shade Tree Commission Application (PDF)
- SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT REVISED 1-3-22
- Special Events Regulations & Process Chapter 309 Hanover Borough Code
- Street Opening Permit Application (PDF)
- Subdivision and Land Development Application and Instructions_Revised 2021
- Temporary alley street closure REV 1 3 22
- Water Service (Borough Sewer) Application - Change in Owner
- Water Service (Borough Sewer) Application - New Water Installation (PDF)
- Workers Compensation Affidavit (PDF)
- Outdoor Seating Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Application (PDF)
- Temporary Outdoor Eating Protocol and Affidavit (PDF)