- Planning & Engineering
- Parking in the Borough of Hanover
Parking in the Borough of Hanover
Patrons are encouraged to reference the informational sticker on each meter.
If paid by coin at the parking meter, the minimum session is fifteen minutes for 25¢ and must be paid with a quarter, after which nickels or dimes may be used.
If paid using the Passport Parking app, the rate for meters in the quadrants of the Square and on Carlisle from Bank Lane southward toward the Square is $1.25 for the first hour and 25¢ for each additional 15 minutes. The remainder of the meters, both on streets and in the lots, will be $1.00 for the first hour and 25¢ for each additional 15 minutes. A 25¢ user fee is charged by the app provider. See Passport Parking information just below.
Convenience Parking Passes for Borough Lots
Parking passes for Borough Lots may be purchased using cash or check at the Borough's administrative office, 44 Frederick St. The cost is $100/quarter.
THE FOLLOWING LOTS HAVE SPACES AVAILABLE FOR CONVENIENCE PARKING PASSES. (Only 12-hour meters apply.)
Baltimore St. Lot #1 at 40-42-44 Baltimore St.
W. Chestnut St. Lot #2 at 114. N. Franklin St.
Carlisle St. Lot #4 at 104 Carlisle St.
Railroad St. Lot #5 at 111 E. Chestnut St.
York St. Lot #7 at 14 York St.
Pennsylvania Ave. Lot #8 at 7 Pennsylvania Ave.
E. Chestnut St. Lot #9 at the Hanover Market House
- Pay quickly and securely with your smart phone.
- Get Alerts when your Parking Session is about to expire.
- Add time to your parking session directly from your phone.
- Keep track of expenses with ease.
How to Use Passport Parking
- Download the App. Find it on the App Store or Google Play or online HERE.
- Create an Account. Enter your license plate number and preferred payment information.
- Start your Session. Enter the zone number found on the Passport Parking sign or meter decal.
- Pick your Session. Enter the session length and payment method.
- Manage on the Go. Extend your session from the convenience of your phone.
- Track your Use. Send email receipts for your records.
Pay a Parking Citation
Parking citations can be paid at the municipal office with cash or check during normal office hours or night deposit box after hours.
Credit card payments must be done on-line at www.HanoverBoroughPA.rmcpay.com.
The site is easily accessed by scanning this QR code: